3.29.2010

monday morning music : hands in pocket.

Good morning! I hope everyone had a splendid weekend. I cannot say mine was fun-filled since I spent the majority of the time doing heavy duty cleaning, but I feel like I got a lot accomplished (although still much more to go!) What did you do the past couple of days?

After a spurt of truly beautiful weather, Portland is back to being terribly dark and rainy. So, I am currently drinking my coffee with a blanket over me, listening to some "rainy morning music," which to me is somewhat sad and beautiful. One singer that I cannot seem to get enough of on days like this is local artist Laura Gibson. Her sweet voice and songwriting gives me goosebumps and manages to bring a calm over me. Enjoy this beautiful NPR performance!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That song is so nice, and her voice is lovely! It sort of reminds me of Regina Spektor...
    Love the blog, and the little bicycle on the header is just adorable!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting this video. Her music really helped bring me back to a calm place in the middle of a very hectic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emiliana Torrini, Nothing Brings Me Down is a perfect song for rainy monday mornings. And we get a lot of them in the uk,

    T,x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...